Buying options for your first radio controlled plane are rather simple, as in general, you have two options: Offline and Online.
Offline, the best option is your local RC hobby store, specialized in what you’re looking for. You might find these planes from the “toy-stores” too, but those are not the places for a true RC hobbyists, are they?
Online, you should look to make your purchase at
- the websites of the RC plane manufacturers
- can cost you a bit more, but you get
- direct contact and support from the people who designed and built the plane
- other trusted sellers
- Amazon, which many manufacturers use as a “web-store” and
- Well-ranked eBay sellers, who often sell the new planes with the most competitive prices
Buying Used or New Radio Controlled Plane (as Your First Aeroplane)?
As a beginner, do not buy an used RC plane. An used radio controlled plane might be perfectly fine, but to ensure you an enjoyable experience with your first radio controlled plane, we recommend that you look for a new model as your first radio controlled plane.